Having upgraded to Office 2007 a fair while ago, I found that for some reason I couldn’t click anywhere in a Word document, but instead had to use the arrow and/or page up and down keys – very annoying when working throughout a 90 page document!
Was surprised that it took a while to resolve this problem via Google, but eventually found a solution which worked perfectly:
- Open the “Start” menu in Windows (bottom left of screen on your desktop) and click Run (think for some people this will be Start > Accessories > Run)
- Type in regedit and hit the Enter button. This will bring up a folder structure similar to a typical windows folder – I think it’s the registry information for all the software on your PC.
- Click down through down the folder structure per this path:
- In the Word folder there will be a folder called “Data” – rename this to “Old-Data”
- Close down Word (if you had it open) then restart – problem should be all fixed.