This role and team were created specifically for me to focus on creating and improving online tools and capability for the bank’s delivery community (5,000+ users across 800+ projects and initiatives).
As Product Owner I focused on strategy and planning, requirements and backlog creation/management, extensive stakeholder management as well as UX design (Axure) and direction for an agile (scrum) team across a range of products.
- A Delivery Tailoring Tool to recommend activities and deliverables for each project. This improved project governance and significantly reduced process weight (over 50%) so that only essential controls were included.
- A Risk and Complexity Profiler to assess all projects individually and as a portfolio, allowing comparison against the bank’s risk appetite before funding approval, visibility of key factors, as well as better resource allocation based on project complexity. The tool aggregated multiple offline versions into a single online tool, increasing efficiency and reducing manual input.
- A project portal to save time for users, collating key systems information in a central location. This included technical integration of the project intranet with PPMC (HP Software) and the Staff Directory to remove duplication and double-keying.
- Managed eLearning design including personas, scenarios, design direction/theming and prototype templates to ensure a consistent eLearning experience across a 40+ modules.
- Facilitated development of a BABOK-aligned methodology for the business analyst community to promote standard practice across 1,200+ users.
- CIO Excellence Award, 2013 (internal award)
- CEO “Best of the Best” Award, 2013 (internal award)