This role and team were created specifically for me to focus on creating and improving online tools and capability for the bankâ€™s delivery community (5,000+ users across 800+ projects and initiatives).
As Product Owner I focused on strategy and planning, requirements and backlog creation/management, extensive stakeholder management as well as UX design (Axure) and direction for an agile (scrum) team across a range of products.
- A Delivery Tailoring Tool to recommend activities and deliverables for each project. This improved project governance and significantly reduced process weight (over 50%) so that only essential controls were included.
- A Risk and Complexity Profiler to assess all projects individually and as a portfolio, allowing comparison against the bankâ€™s risk appetite before funding approval, visibility of key factors, as well as better resource allocation based on project complexity. The tool aggregated multiple offline versions into a single online tool, increasing efficiency and reducing manual input.
- A project portal to save time for users, collating key systems information in a central location. This included technical integration of the project intranet with PPMC (HP Software) and the Staff Directory to remove duplication and double-keying.
- Managed eLearning design including personas, scenarios, design direction/theming and prototype templates to ensure a consistent eLearning experience across a 40+ modules.
- Facilitated development of a BABOK-aligned methodology for the business analyst community to promote standard practice across 1,200+ users.
- CIO Excellence Award, 2013 (internal award)
- CEO â€œBest of the Bestâ€ Award, 2013 (internal award)