Rio Tinto were aware of accessibility issues, having reached Level 1 compliance with the corporate site, but were looking to increase their rating among FTSE100 companies.
What I did:
- Accessibility audit of www.riotinto.com to Level 3 of WAI guidelines.
- Review and audit of 25 other Rio Tinto sites.
- Review and audit of all sites against text browser (Lynx) and web standards best practice.
- Technical solution for all errors
- Plan and scope of upgrade to Level 3 compliance.
At the time of writing (Jan 05) Rio Tinto had signed off approval for the corporate site, with other upgrades to follow.